Thursday, December 31, 2009

Because Grandparents Will Hang *Anything* On Their Tree (Christmas Crafting Reveal, Day 5)




Hi.  Mama let me blog if I promise not to get the keyboard sticky.
I want to take this opportunity to say that while she spent a fair amount of time being crafty for Christmas, the project she set me up with was lame, lame, lame.  I don't think it even qualifies as being homemade.  Personally, I think she ran out of steam.  I'm going to have a talk with her. I expect more next year.

I colored a bunch of wooden ornaments that had holes in which to paste my smiling mug.  So obviously, she then tortured me with a photo shoot to get a picture to use.  I formally lodged a complaint that she wouldn't let me chose the winning photograph.  Here was my choice:

Next year, Mama, I'm in charge, and our craft is going to be AWESOME!  We're gonna make fire truck chocolate train bears.  Hurray!

Mama asked me to tell you that she saved the best project to show you for last.  Tomorrow she'll show you, uhhh... freezer paper stencils.  But we don't have paper in our freezer, so I think she's nuts.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Dear T,

I feel your pain. Last year my mom made me string zillions of felt scraps for a necklace for my great-grandma on a similar premise (great-grandparents will hang anything on their necks). It looked ridiculous and demeaned my true artistic talent. While I am having a difficult time picturing it, I am sure that Fire Truck Chocolate Train Bears will be much better.

Oh, and I think you look totally cool in your chosen picture. The more teeth the better.

love,
Piya