Monday, December 28, 2009

Baby Sweater (Christmas Crafting Reveal, Day 2)

Have I mentioned I'm going to be an aunt?
My sister and her husband are expecting a Little One in April and I'm so excited for them!

I sort of cheated and knit this baby sweater with yarn she gave me when she cleaned out her stash, but I figured that she must have liked it enough to acquire it at one point in time, so it would be OK.

Courtney one friend who will remain nameless might have exclaimed, "What a cute boy sweater!", but I'm hoping the color and pattern are neutral, since the parents-in-waiting want to be gender-amazed.




Next up: Critter apron and fake noodles

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I hadn't seen it up close... I had had a couple glasses of wine... I didn't see the beautiful color variations which clearly shout 'boy' and 'girl' in equal measure... I have many excuses for my faux pas. Now that I have seen the finished product in person I can attest to the fact that it is one of the loveliest baby sweaters I have seen... and would look equally adorable on a little boy OR girl. All this is neither here nor there as she is totally having a boy.

rachel said...

It is TOTALLY gender-neutral, and very impressively cute. Nice work!