Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Baby American

My baby's officially an American now. We finalized his adoption today. We still have to appear at the Thai Consulate in Chicago (by invitation at some unknown future time), but that's really more of a formality on Thailand's side.

I have this sudden strange sensation of a lack of strings being attached to us. Strings to our social worker, to our placing agency, to the courts.... I don't know that I was really that conscious of the "strings" before today, but I feel their absence now, and it feels good. We have nothing but good things to say about both the agencies we worked with (obviously, as we've chosen to work with them again for Critter #2), it's just nice to finally, officially, really be T's mom.

I wish T's first mom could see what a handsome little boy T is growing to be.

No comments: