Sunday, September 14, 2008

Accidental Thai Hat

I accidentally knit a Thai hat for T. It reminds me of the hats traditional Khon dancers wear, and of chedis (stupas) at Thai temples.
I intended to just knit a plain hat with earflaps. Then I decided to add stripes. Then I thought a pointy top would look cute. After I wove in all the ends, I thought, where have I seen this before?

Hat details on Ravelry (which, by the way, I somehow managed to avoid joining until last week and now I am hooked. How in the world did I not realize what I was missing? Free patterns all together and easily searchable? People trading stash yarn? Photographs and comments from a zillion other knitters who've already slogged through the patterns I'm considering? I'm in heaven!)

1 comment:

Glen and Andrea said...

Ah, your're so funny =) Too, too cute. What a little sweetheart. It's getting warmer here so I imagine it's getting cooler for you and hats will be needed in a while.