Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Baby Boat-neck Sweater


I forgot to post the final stats on this sweater. Mom-to-be seemed to really like it. I hope it fits the new little one! I thought it was funny - the first comment I heard at the shower after it was opened was, "You should sell those!" Uh, well.... 13 hours at minimum wage plus materials comes out to $97.05. I don't think I'll quit my day job any time soon! I knit because it's fun (usually!). =)

Pattern: Boat-neck sweater
Source: Baby knits for beginners, Debbie Bliss
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash, Cascard Yarns, 1.5 skein (~300 yards)
Color: Ruby
Needles: US 7

Modifications: Many! Knit entire sweater on US 7 (didn't switch to US 8). CO 100 and knit in round (back and forth at arm holes - 4" deep). 3 needle bind-off 10 sts each shoulder. Picked up 33 sts for each sleeve and knit on dpn, decreased to 29 at wrist.

No comments: