Sunday, September 02, 2007

Women's Day Out

Yesterday we celebrated my grand- mother's birthday with Mom and my sister. Each year, Mom and Grandma see a play at American Players Theater and this year Meredith and I were invited to join them. We ate at the Spring Green Cafe and General Store, which has delicious food. (My Greek salad sandwich and gazpacho were especially yummy.) We puttered around town and did some shopping and stopped at a nice gallery of Wisconsin artists.

Then it was time for the play. We saw The Merchant of Venice at APT. It's an awesome outdoor theater with an amazing company of actors. We had beautiful weather and several butterflies and birds flew through the performance. I wasn't familiar with the play, but it was very thought provoking and I enjoyed it. They will be touring several indoor theaters in the state this fall and I think Kyle would like it, so we may be getting tickets and I'll get to see it again.

The four of us had such a good time, we made a date to do it again next year.

No comments: