Friday, September 07, 2007

Nick of Time

In preparation of the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival, I knew I needed to get at least one knitting project off my needles to justify buying more yarn. I did some fun knitting Friday night while we watched a bunch of season three of Six Feet Under from the library. (I love the library!)

I started these wrist warmers more than 2 years ago, while working at a different job, for a former co-worker who requested them. I suck. I'd love to catch up with her so at least now I have an excuse to give her a call. I don't know why I didn't just finish them earlier. I had them off the needles in less than 2 hours Friday (including the time to rip out 4 rows when I accidentally knit past where the thumb whole needed to be), and wove in all the loose ends the next morning before leaving for Sheep and Wool. I modeled them for Kyle, who knew exactly why I'd finished them without being told. He just shook his head. I've been to S&W enough times for him to know I'd come home with goodies.

Pattern: Last Minute Knitted Gifts, Women's Hand/Wrist Warmers
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft (color Grey Heather) and Rowan Kidsilk Haze (color 595)

No comments: