Sunday, August 12, 2007

Missing Kelly

Kelly left to go back to China on Wednesday night. I was really sad to see her go. We had a wonderful time with her here. She was a great fit with Kyle and I. I hope we get a chance to visit her in Chongqing someday. I'm not sure when that will be, since our vacation budget has become our adoption travel budget, but maybe Kelly could even meet us in Bangkok next year.

The first photo is my favorite of Kelly - she has such a beautiful smile, although I had to tickle her to get her to smile for the photo (you can see me poking her in the side if you look close). As soon as the camera came out, she would look very serious. The second photo of her is in Korea on the way back home this week. We're so lucky to have been able to email back and forth with her several times already since she arrived home.

She sent an incredible photo of her and her family eating "hot pot" today. Punkin's got it posted on her blog. It looks like a wonderful out-door garden-like place to eat this delicious, spicy, fondue-like dish.

I had such a great experience with Kelly, I wish we could do it again soon. AFS even has several girls from Thailand who still need families for the year program. What a great way to learn more about Thai culture! But we decided that once we have an adoption referral, our time and energy will be consumed with preparing to travel to Thailand. We also won't have any vacation time this year to spend showing a student around, and while travel isn't a requirement, I would feel bad about hosting a student and not being able to go very far from home.

1 comment:

Glen and Andrea said...

That is such a lovely photo of you and Kelly.