Sunday, July 15, 2007

All for naught

The afternoon that I "rescued" the baby robin (after being the cause of it's peril), I checked back in on the nest. It was empty again. I had worried about the silly thing for nothing. She's been hanging around the yard as an awkward fledgling ever since. I still see the parents around, and according to information I found on the internet, are probably still feeding her and helping her learn to fly and seek shelter.

I almost stepped on her tonight because I didn't see her as I was looking for raspberries. But she "flew" off, although she only made it a few feet and couldn't get high to reach a tree branch. She tried to hang on to the trunk, but couldn't get a good hold and fluttered back to the ground. Hopefully she'll catch on to her wings soon.

No comments: