Friday, June 22, 2007

Hanna's Baptism

For those of you who don't follow my niece's website (you can be forgiven... Hanna blogs in Dutch =) ), here's a picture from the day of her baptism. Can't you just see how much Elke and Hanna adore each other from this picture? It looks like they had a beautiful day and had a big party for her and her cousin Erin (also baptized that day).

Hanna is the daughter of my AFS sister Elke in Belgium. I so wish I could have been there. I think of my Belgian family often, but it's especially on special occasions that I wish I could just jet to Europe for the weekend.

In the second picture, Hanna is being held by her two grandmas. I was extra excited to see that in this and some other photos of the party, Hanna is wearing the sweater I knit for her. Since I'm a totally spasmodic knitter and rarely finish anything more substantial than a hat, it's so cool to see Hanna wear something I made for her. It's like giving her a long distance hug. Kiddos grow so fast, so I really should get going on something bigger.

Thanks to Inge and Chris and Leo for the photos I stole off of your blogs. =)

No comments: