Sunday, April 29, 2007

Cheating


In my last post I swore to finish a knitting project before starting another, but, of course, I can't resist new yarn. Last Saturday, I started knitting a baby blanket with machine-washable cotton in lots of bright colors. The pattern is from Mason-Dixon knitting, and I really love it. It doesn't take a lot of thought, so I can knit easily at work (during lunch), in the car, and while watching Lost. I have quite a way to go, but it's going much faster than I intended. Initially, I thought it would take me a year, and that it'd be a good distraction while waiting for things to happen on the adoption front. But since it's a baby blanket, I am too excited knitting it to put it down, and I think I'll have it finished in a month or so unless I make an effort to slow down. Oh well. Then I can go back to the scarf I'm neglecting. Oh - and isn't the dandelion fetching?

No comments: